How to check Avianca Airlines Baggage policy?
Baggage policy typically refers to the number of baggage allowed for your journey. Each airline sets its baggage policy according to its convenience. Suppose you are a new flier with Avianca Airlines and have no idea the baggage allowed; you need not wonder: How to check Avianca Airlines' baggage policy? You can conveniently read their baggage policy in the baggage section of the official website of Avianca Airlines.
Avianca Airlines Baggage policy
There are three types of baggage allowed by the airlines to the passengers, namely Carry-on baggage, checked baggage, and Excess baggage, and there are three different policies for all of them mentioned below.
- Every passenger is allowed one personal item and one carry-on luggage.
- Personal items include one of the following: Ladies' purses, blankets, a Camera, binoculars, a walking cane, photo equipment, a laptop, items consumed by infants during the flight, a baby cot, wheelchairs, etc.
- Carry-on luggage should not weigh more than 22 pounds (10 kg), and the external dimension (Height+length+width) should not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches)
Checked baggage policy for domestic flights:
- Passengers with Economy class fares are allowed to carry 1 piece of the bag with a maximum weight of 50 pounds (23 kg), and the total dimension must not exceed 158 cm (62 inches)
- Passengers with Business class fares are allowed to carry 2 pieces of bags with a maximum weight of 70 pounds (32 kg) per bag and linear dimensions of 158 cm (62 inches)
The checked baggage policy for domestic flights is different from Avianca's Checked baggage policy for International flights, which is mentioned below:
- Passengers with Economy class tickets are allowed to carry 2 pieces of luggage with a maximum combined weight of 50 pounds (23 kgs) and total dimensions not more than 158 cm (62 inches)
- Passengers with Business class tickets are allowed to carry 2 pieces of luggage with a maximum combined weight of 70 pounds (32 kgs), and the dimension should not exceed 158 cm (62 inches)
- You can purchase a piece of extra baggage not more than 70 pounds (32 kgs) in weight.
- The bag size must not exceed 115 cm (62 inches).
- A bag weighing more than 45 kg will be considered Air Freight.
What baggage is included with Avianca?
Avianca Airlines include the following:
- 1 personal item- Free for all fares
- 1 standard carry-on bag for free ( excluding XS Fare )
- 1 x 50 pounds (23 kg) bag for M and L Fares.
- 1 x 70 pounds (32 kg) bag for XL Fares
- 2 x 70 pounds (32 kg) bags for XXL Fares.
How much baggage is allowed on Avianca?
Free baggage allowance for flights within Colombia according to Avianca Airlines baggage policy includes 2 pieces of bags, not more than 70 pounds in weight and 158 cm in size for Business class and 1 piece of the bag, not more than 50 pounds in weight and 158 cm in size for an Economy ticket. It goes up to 2 pieces with the same parameters for an International flight.
Does Avianca charge for bags?
Avianca Airlines charges for oversized and overweight bags if it exceeds Avianca checked baggage weight. The charges are mentioned below.
- The overweight baggage will be charged USD 1.05 per additional kilo for a domestic flight.
- The overweight baggage will be charged USD 55 for a bag weighing 50 to 70 pounds and USD 100 for a bag between 70 to 100 pounds for an International flight to/ from the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- The overweight baggage will be charged USD 70 for a bag weighing 50 to 70 pounds for an International flight to Spain.
- The overweight baggage will be charged USD 100 for a bag weighing 50 to 70 pounds and USD 160 for a bag between 70 to 100 pounds for an International flight to Latin America.
- Oversized baggage will be charged USD 2.11 per bag for a domestic flight.
- Oversized baggage will be charged USD 100 per bag for International flights.
Does Avianca include a carry-on?
Avianca Airlines includes a Carry-on for all fare types, excluding XS fare. Carry-on luggage should not exceed 22 pounds (10 kg) in weight and 158 cm ( 62 inches ) in total dimensions for all fare types.
Disclaimer: Sohafares makes every effort to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of information and data on this website. Hence, when you use and take valid details of this website implies agreeing to the contents of this disclaimer. You must check the actual cost of the booking, and the official booking website of Sohafares will approve your reservation. It recommends you pay the whole amount reflected on the booking page. You might get deals and offers as per the government's announcement at the time of booking. You must accept the cookies before accessing the website and provide your essential details to make all the services smoother every time you access this.