Does United Airlines offer free cancellation?
+34 919 036 299 United's 24-hour flexible booking policy gives you the freedom to make changes to select reservations within 24 hours of booking and ticketing, without being charged a change fee if you make changes. your purchase a week or more before the flight's scheduled departure.
24 hour flexible booking policy
- We are permanently eliminating change fees for most economy and premium cabin tickets for travel within the US, or between the US and Mexico or the Caribbean. There will also be no change fees for other international travel originating in the US.
- For all other standard economy and premium cabin tickets, change fees are waived until January 31, 2022. Basic economy tickets can be changed if issued before December 31, 2021, for trips beginning before December 31, 2021.
We know that life happens and you may have to change your travel plans unexpectedly. United's 24-hour flexible booking policy gives you the freedom to make changes to select reservations within 24 hours of booking and ticketing, with no change fees if you made your purchase a week or more before the scheduled departure of the flight. This includes canceling your reservation and requesting a full refund of the ticket price. While Basic Economy reservations are not eligible for 24-hour changes, they are still eligible for a full refund if you cancel within 24 hours and made your purchase a week or more before the flight's scheduled departure. See the terms and conditions below for more details.
Terms and conditions
- Applies to tickets booked at united.com, United City ticket offices, airport ticket counters or with the United Customer Contact Center.
- The 24-hour period begins at the time you book and issue your reservation.
- Refund requests will be refunded to the original form of payment, except for purchases made with a United gift certificate, which will be refunded in the form of electronic travel certificates.
- Group tickets are subject to the terms of the group contract.
- Tickets purchased with electronic certificates are excluded.
- Reservations that are being made but have not yet been purchased are excluded.
- Fare Lock fees paid to hold a reservation will not be refunded.
- Tickets paid for with Money + Miles cannot be changed within the 24-hour flexible booking period: the MileagePlus member must cancel the itinerary and make a new reservation.
When you buy a refundable ticket on United Airlines, you can cancel your flight at any time without paying a penalty. You will get a full refund for the original ticket price. Keep in mind that refundable tickets often cost much more than non-refundable tickets. What you get in exchange for the higher fare is the peace of mind that you'll get your money back if you cancel your flight. Be prepared to wait up to seven days for a refund. According to Frommer's, the US Department of Transportation has a regulation that requires airlines to give you credit within seven days of receiving a refund request.
- When you cancel your flight with a United Airlines non-refundable ticket, you will not get a refund. You can put the cost of your canceled ticket towards a new ticket, but you will be charged a change fee of between $50 and $150, at the time of publication, depending on your destination and the type of change you are making.
- In the case of certain unplanned events, such as the death of a fellow traveler or immediate family member, or jury duty, United Airlines will provide a refund. In accordance with their refund policy, a request can be made in those circumstances and a refund will be issued, less a $50 processing fee at the time of publication.
When you book a flight on United Airlines, you will have the opportunity to purchase travel insurance. This insurance protects you when you have to change or cancel your trip, and you don't want to lose the money you spent on a plane ticket. As long as your cancellation is for a covered reason, the insurance company will reimburse you. Your travel insurance may also cover the cost of accommodation, medical assistance, and additional unexpected travel expenses.
contract of carriage
The carriage of passengers and baggage on flights operated by United Airlines, Inc. ("United"), carriers that do business as United Express, and other carriers that operate as United's codeshare partners (collectively, "United Carriers") are subject to to the terms and conditions set forth in the United Contract of Carriage, in addition to the terms and conditions printed on any ticket, ticket cover, or electronic ticket receipt. By purchasing a ticket or accepting transportation, the passenger agrees to be bound by it. Incorporated terms may include, but are not limited to:
- Limits of liability for delayed, damaged or lost baggage, including fragile or perishable goods.
- Claim restrictions, including the time periods within which a passenger must file a claim or bring an action against United.
- United's Rights to Change the Terms of the Contract of Carriage.
- Rules on reconfirmation of reservations, check-in times and denial of transportation.
- United Carriers' rights and liability limits for delay or failure to provide service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate airline or aircraft, and rerouting.
If you have purchased a restricted ticket, based on the rules applicable to the fare paid, one or more restrictions may apply to your travel including, but not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Ticket may not be refundable but may be exchanged by paying a fare for another restricted-fare ticket that meets all rules/restrictions of the original ticket (including payment of any difference in fare);
- A fee may apply for changing or canceling reservations;
- Select tickets may not be eligible for refunds or exchanges, even for a fee;
- Select tickets have no residual value and cannot be applied toward the purchase of future travel;
- Travel may be restricted to specific flights and/or times and a minimum and/or maximum stay may be required.
United Airlines Customer Contact by Phone
By calling United toll-free at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) or +34 919036299 or by calling the number on the back of your MileagePlus card or through your travel agent. Written requests may be sent to United Airlines, United Refunds, PO Box 4607, Dept.
Descargo de responsabilidad: Sohafares hace todo lo posible para garantizar la precision, fiabilidad y puntualidad de los informacion y datos en este sitio web. Por lo tanto, cuando usa y toma detalles validos de este sitio web implica la aceptacion del contenido de este aviso legal. Debe verificar el costo real de la reserva, y la web oficial de reservas de Sohafares aprobara su reserva. Se recomienda pagar la totalidad del importe reflejado en la pagina de reserva. Puede obtener ofertas y ofertas segun el anuncio del gobierno en el momento de la reserva. Debes aceptar las cookies antes de acceder al sitio web y facilitar sus datos imprescindibles para realizar todas las servicios mas fluidos cada vez que acceda a esto.