How Can I take a refund from Copa Airlines?
If you have canceled a flight or if you are planning to cancel but are scared about not getting a refund from the airline, then don’t stress because Copa Airline is known for its flexible cancellation policies for its customers. If you are wondering, How long does it take to get a refund on my debit card? Then it takes 5-10 business days for the refund to get credited to your debit card. Keep on reading the information given below to learn about the airline refund policy and process.
What is the Copa Airlines refund policy?
- Copa Airlines passengers are allowed to cancel their flight +1-802-500-3535 and get a full refund as per the Copa airlines refund policy if they cancel their reservation within 24 hours of the ticket purchase window and their departure date is after one week or more days.
- If the 24-hour window expires, then you can opt for cancellation and get a refund after paying the cancellation fee to the airline.
- The airline will not entertain any cancellation or refund requests made for the reservation booked from third-party agents, so you need to connect with the third party only for a refund.
How do I cancel a Flight on Copa Airlines?
To cancel a flight on Copa Airlines, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Copa Airlines website (www.copaair.com) and click on "Manage your Booking" at the top of the homepage.
- Enter your reservation code and last name, and click on "Search your reservation".
- Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Click on the "Cancel Flight" button.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation and any applicable fees or refunds.
- Once the cancellation is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email from Copa Airlines.
If you have any difficulties with canceling your flight online, you can also contact Copa Airlines customer service at +1-802-500-3535 directly for assistance.
Copa Airlines Cancellation policy
Copa Airlines has a cancellation policy that varies depending on the type of ticket you have purchased.
- Non-Refundable Tickets: If you have purchased a non-refundable ticket, you can cancel your flight at any time, but you will not receive a refund. Instead, the value of your ticket will be held as a credit for future travel on Copa Airlines. This credit is valid for one year from the original date of purchase and can be used towards the purchase of a new ticket, minus any applicable change fees.
- Refundable Tickets: If you have purchased a refundable ticket, you can cancel your flight and receive a full refund, minus any applicable fees. Refundable tickets are typically more expensive than non-refundable tickets, but they offer greater flexibility if you need to change or cancel your travel plans.
- Canceled Flights: If Copa Airlines cancels your flight, you will be entitled to a full refund of your ticket price or the option to reschedule your flight at no additional cost.
It is important to note that change and cancellation fees may apply to both non-refundable and refundable tickets. The amount of the fees will vary depending on the fare rules and the timing of the cancellation. It is recommended that you review the fare rules carefully before booking your ticket to understand the fees and cancellation policy that apply.
What is the process for applying for a refund?
Passengers can apply for the refund by filling out the refund form just after cancelation or by visiting the manage booking tab later. They can also call the helpline number directly and ask the representative to complete the refund process on your behalf.
- You can start by visiting the official website of the airline at www.copaair.com.
- Now you have to locate the manage booking tab present on the homepage.
- After choosing the option, you will get to see the flight details, and from there, you have to choose the modify option.
- Now hit the cancel button and select the reason for cancellation.
- You will be able to see the request for a refund, and after filling out the details, submit the form.
- You will receive a confirmation email at your registered email id, and there will be a refund tracking number that can be used in the future to track the refund status.
Through phone calls-
Passengers can dial the helpline number, which is present on the official website contact us tab. You can connect with the support team from 5:00 hrs - 23:00 hrs (EST) from Monday to Sunday to get the required support.
- You can start by dialing 1 786 840 2672 to speak with the live executive.
- Listen to the IVR commands and follow them.
- Choose the preferred lingo to communicate with the live executive.
- Press 0 to speak with the agent.
- Press 1 for flight cancellation.
- Press 2 for flight reservations.
- Press 3 to make the refund request.
- After pressing the related key, wait for a while.
- After connecting to the agent, explain your situation and get the required support.
How can I track my Copa refund request?
Passengers can also track their refund request status easily if they are thinking. How do I check the status of my Copa refund? Then you can follow the below-mentioned steps-
- You can visit the official page at www.copaair.com/check-status
- Enter your case number and last name, and hit the search button.
- Your details will get shown on the screen.
Disclaimer: Sohafares makes every effort to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of information and data on this website. Hence, when you use and take valid details of this website implies agreeing to the contents of this disclaimer. You must check the actual cost of the booking, and the official booking website of Sohafares will approve your reservation. It recommends you pay the whole amount reflected on the booking page. You might get deals and offers as per the government's announcement at the time of booking. You must accept the cookies before accessing the website and provide your essential details to make all the services smoother every time you access this.