How do I change my name on the British Airways Tickets?
While booking the flight ticket with British Airways, if you have checked your ticket and you find that your name is mentioned on it was incorrect. It is very important to correct the name as it is compulsory because if you do not change it, it may cause problems with your booking and the documents. You can easily change your name as British Airways provides multiple mediums for it. If you are still confused about How do I change my name on the British Airways Tickets? Then you have to read the information mentioned below.
Change the name via the online process:
You can use the online medium to change the name at British Airways. This is the most commonly used medium. You just need to open the official web link and obey the instructions as per described below:
- Open the official website of British Airways.
- At the top of the homepage of British Airways, you will get the Manage option. You need to click on that option.
- It will take you to the next page and you need to fill out the booking confirmation number passenger's last name in the following sections. Tap on the Find My Booking link.
- On your screen, you will have the details of all the flights. You have to choose from the flight on which you want to change the name.
- Tap on the next option, and you will get the form. You need to fill out all the details in the form as per the requirements. Attach the traveling details and identification proof with the form.
- Press the send button.
- Once you complete the process, British Airways will send you the confirmation message for the name change on your email or mobile phone.
Use the calling mode to change the name:
You can use the calling medium to change the name at British Airways. It is one of the efficient mediums, and you need to make a call at 1 (800) 247-9297. After dialing British Airways' customer support number, it will be forwarded to the computer's automated voice. It will give you the directions, and you need to follow it. After that, your call will be directed to the customer service representative. They will help you with British Airways change name spelling, mistake process, and terms and conditions.
Visit the airport for group booking:
You can make the group booking with British Airways at the airport from where your flight will depart. You must submit your identification proof, password, and other required documents to the help desk. The representative will help you with the British Airways name format, change the name, and provide the new ticket with the correct name.
What is British Airways Name Change Policy?
Before changing the name at British Airways, you need to go through all the policies. It is essential so that while name-changing, you do not encounter any issues. British Airways Name Change Policy is as given below:
- The passenger who made the modification within one day of the booking with British Airways can change the name without paying any fees for it.
- You are not allowed to change the full name on British Airways. You can only change at least three characters of your name.
- If the passenger got married or divorced, then they are permitted to change the name at British Airways. They just need to submit the documents as per the requirements, and the customer services representative will aid them with the name change methods and rules and regulations.
- If you make the name change after 24 hours of the booking, then you need to pay name change fees. The charges will depend on your ticket type, destination, and travel routes.
- Documents such as identification proof, passport, marriage certificate, and divorce certificate will be needed for the name change at British Airways.
- If you are a premium member of British Airways, then you can change the name by using your mileage points.
- Small changes like missing letters and spelling mistakes can be made at British Airways.
- If your date of birth mentioned on British Airways is incorrect, then you cannot change it. But it is necessary to submit the documents as per the requirement if you need to change them.
- You can change the name by using both online and the calling process at British Airways.
British Airways Name Change Fee.
The British Airways Name Change Fee varies from ticket to ticket. You need to read the information given below:
- If you change the flight after 24 hours of the booking, then you need to pay approximately 45 dollars.
- If you are traveling on the business class of British Airways then you need to pay between 50 to 70 dollars for the name change.
- The passenger on the premium economy can change their name by paying at least 75 to 100 dollars as the charges.
- If you change the name within 24 hours of the booking, then you can make it free of cost.
British Airways minor name corrections or changes.
For British Airways minor name corrections or changes, you can change missing words spelling without paying any additional charges. You can make the change by using the online process and visiting the official website. You can also visit the airport and submit the required documents at the help desk, and the customer service executive will help you change your name.
How much does it cost to change a name on a British Airways flight?
British Airways charges at least 100 to 150 dollars for the name change. If you make the minor changes, then British Airways' change flight cost is not applicable to you. You can also change the name on the official website.
What happens if my name doesn't match my British Airways ticket?
If your name does not match your British flight ticket, then you need to change the name or provide your identification proof and passport to the executive. As per British Airways name correction policy, if there is a small change, then you can make it.
What happens if you forget to add the middle name British Airways?
If you forget to add your middle name at your British Airways, then you do not need to worry because if your first name and last name are matched on your ID issued by the government, then you can board the flight. If you still have any queries regarding the name change, then you can contact the customer support team of British Airways.
Does British Airways require a middle name on a ticket?
Middle names do not hold much importance at British Airways. If you do not have a middle name then it is not a matter of concern because the Airline does not ask you to necessarily add the middle name to your ticket details. The main name has all the concerns and holds importance for the Airline. Therefore, as long as you have your name with all the required information and documents, you are away from all the troubles. So, if you do not have a middle name, make sure that you have correctly mentioned your name and surname while filling in the ticket details.
Disclaimer: Sohafares makes every effort to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of information and data on this website. Hence, when you use and take valid details of this website implies agreeing to the contents of this disclaimer. You must check the actual cost of the booking, and the official booking website of Sohafares will approve your reservation. It recommends you pay the whole amount reflected on the booking page. You might get deals and offers as per the government's announcement at the time of booking. You must accept the cookies before accessing the website and provide your essential details to make all the services smoother every time you access this.